Thursday, March 8, 2012

Kony 2012

I know I haven't posted in awhile.  I have an English professor demanding all of my creative writing energy at the moment.  But don't give up on me.  I'll be back.

Until then, check this out.  Then act.  Pass it on.  No matter what your politics are or what you've heard of this group, I think they deserve an ear.  Now you know I don't hop on the socio-political band wagon very often, so indulge me a minute.  Here, I am simply applauding the inherent hope and action of this movement.  These people saw a big problem, and, instead of walking away simply saddened, they sought a way to fix the problem.  Will it work? I don't know.  But it definitely won't if we discredit it and throw it out as an unstructured pipe dream.  This is me, giving it a chance.  Because the next generation deserves a chance. All of them.



KONY 2012 from INVISIBLE CHILDREN on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment