Friday, June 8, 2012

Graduation (or Growing Up)


Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!



Today is your day my boy.
You are off and away,
To new adventure unknown
Exciting and daunting
Butterfly moments and Confidence moments
It all awaits you.


But no matter what comes
I know you'll be fine.
You are strong
and courageous.
You are kind-hearted
and good.


I'm proud of you
for the young man you are becoming.
I'm proud of your spirit
and who you are in your soul.
I'm proud of all you've done
and all you've yet to do.


Kid, you'll move mountains!


Of that, I am sure.
Keep your eyes straight ahead,
your head held high.
Be a good friend and keep good friends.
Walk humbly and love openly.


And Remember
should you stumble or even fall,
I'm here.
To help you up and set you back on your way.
Because you are my son
whom I love, in the very depths of my heart.


Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!*





Oh the Places You'll Go - Dr. Seuss


2 comments:

  1. This made me cry actually! He's grown up to be such a handsome young man! Wasn't he just that little boy giving a thumbs up to me when I walked down the aisle? :)

    ReplyDelete