Friday, April 23, 2010

Lemonade Dreams


She set it up herself. Made the lemonade herself. And made three whole dollars all by herself. She's a dreamer with a strong imagination. She has always been my child that couldn't understand why I said somethings don't work. So I quit telling her that some things don't work because in her world anything she imagines can happen. And she is so strong in her determination that the things she imagines do happen. She pushes until, without realizing it, the rest of her doubting-somewhat-cynical family is helping her make it happen. And she brings us along into her fathomless world of belief.

I'm jealous of this. I want to be as strong as my daughter and believe that anything is possible. More than what I want for me, I want for her to never lose it.

No comments:

Post a Comment