Monday, April 12, 2010

The Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga


This place was wonderful. First of all the whole downtown area of Chattanooga pleasantly surprised me. It's a beautiful little area to walk around. The aquarium is broken up into two buildings, so we viewed one building, the Ocean Journey, and then walked around to find some lunch. After our little break we were ready to view the River Journey.

The aquarium has an extensive collection of jelly fish. I didn't know there were so many different kinds and they were all beautiful and just a little mysterious. Me and the boy love turtles, so we spent a good amount of time staring at the slow moving creatures. I think they are just about the coolest animals and they move just about the right speed for me.

They also had this great collection of art inspired by the sea creatures. We saw some amazing glass work like I'd never seen before. It was simply beautiful!


We had a lovely time and learned some very interesting things. I surprised myself by taking over 250 pictures! What can I say? I really like the sea. I won't bore you with all of them but I hope you enjoy these little collections I've put together.


This is a place we'll definitely be going back to.

3 comments:

  1. We LOVE Chattanooga. It is such a fun town. There is so much to do, even without spending any money. Across the river from the aquarium is a great public park with fountains for the kids to pay in, and all around the aquarium are great little wading pools for the kids, too. Such a great way to spend a family day. And the aquarium itself is fabulous... didn't you love the river otters?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The otters were awesome! We stayed there a long time watching them play. We did find the wading pools. Those were so much fun. We'll have to look for the park next time we're there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that aquarium when we went. The river otters were our favorite last time we went, but I know they've added a lot since then. It's a pretty cool area. I was telling Jon that we need to put that on our "to visit soon" list. Especially after seeing how much fun you guys had!

    ReplyDelete