Saturday, July 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Chris!

Today my firstborn turns 10! I was looking through pictures and I swear his baby pictures were taken just a couple of years ago. The last ten years have gone by so fast. That's a very cliche thing to say, but it really does feel that way. We're halfway done with him and I still have so much I want to teach him. But if I really look at him I know he's turning out just fine.

He is strong. He is strong of mind, strong of will. He is determined and motivated. He's a Lego building, video game master. I see more of my introverted, melancholy self in him with each passing year. We can sit in complete silence at the breakfast table and find great companionship in that. But he has his father's mind. Questioning and quick. He's fiercely protective of his little sisters, yet very annoyed by their girly quirks. He loves Junior Mints, Double Bubble Gum, and Whoppers. He recently convinced his grandma to send money for meat because he's not a fan of our near vegetarian cuisine. But our hippy ways have worn off a little. He's kind to animals and loves to hike. And dirt is his best friend. So much so that I have to bribe him to shower especially since he thinks swimming in a muddy creek counts as a bath. Luckily for him he still hugs his mama goodnight and that covers a multitude of sins.

He is my boy. And I love him deeply. I'm so very proud of him. Here's the last ten years. (And yes, putting this post together did make my cry. I bet it will get a few of you too.)

1 month

1 year


2 years

3 years

4 years

5 years

6 years

7 years

8 years

9 years

My ten year old, Christopher Michael

2 comments:

  1. I love the progression of pictures. I can't get over how grown up he is. He's such a good looking ten year old. I'm a proud Aunt for certain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sure do love that boy! Good writing and good pictures!

    ReplyDelete