Tuesday, April 26, 2011

More Easter Fun and A Backwards Trip

We have just returned from a week away. It was spring break here, so the four of us loaded up the van, said goodbye to the cat, and headed to Tennessee to visit family and spend some time barefoot on a country road. I think I'll tell you about that trip backwards. The week was full of good stories, waiting to be heard. And backwards seems to be the way my mind wants to tell them. So I'll start with the last thing we did before we piled back into the van and headed home.

I think I want to start here because I'm still in an Easter frame of mind and so it makes since to start with what happened right before Easter, which of course was the egg dying. One of my favorite of all holiday traditions. I love the bright colors and the anticipation of the hunt. As my children have gotten older it has become even more fun. We don't just dip the white eggs in dye anymore, though that's beautiful. Now we tie-dye them, and draw on them, and mix colors to create more colors. It's an artful sort of holiday tradition. And I have to say, I believe this was the loveliest set of Easter eggs we've ever created. It was especially wonderful because we got to do it with a lots of family gathered around to help, including a new cousin who was celebrating her first Easter. And that's what Easter's about. New life, new creation, new loves.


1 comment:

  1. Yeay, that looks fun! Great pictures Megan, LOVE the egg rabbit dryer! :)

    ReplyDelete