Saturday, April 16, 2011

Pure Mischief




See that face. That is the face of pure mischief. Those eyes, that sparkle. It's a mischievous sparkle. That sparkle tells me she will most likely be the one I'm bailing out of jail one day. Because she's the kind of kid who looks at something and say, "I wonder what would happen if I...?"

She had one of those moments last night.

Let me set the scene for you. Yogi Bear finally came to the dollar cinema. So we had a movie night out last night. It's the dollar cinema so I got to treat them to Icee's and popcorn. The movie was good and we had so much fun. We retold our favorite parts and laughed the whole way home. When we got home the girls still had some Icee left so they were sitting at the table finishing them before bed. Sicily was playing with hers more than drinking it because she's just recently learned that if you suck liquid up into a straw and hold your finger over the top it stays in the straw. I told her to quit playing and finish up so that we could get in bed. Then I made the mistake of leaving them alone in the kitchen.

Two minutes later I hear Analiese let out a shrill scream that I'm positive the whole neighborhood heard. In the time it took me to get back to the kitchen, Analiese had body slammed Sicily to the ground and started kicking. Chris got to them first and pulled Analiese off of Sicily and had to use all of his strength to keep Analiese from jumping back on her. Meanwhile she's still screaming at the top of her lungs and Sicily is crying. It was complete chaos. I finally got them to settle down enough to get the story.

Apparently Sicily, who had been sucking up Icee into her straw and holding it there, had looked up and had her "I wonder what would happen if I.." moment. She sucked up a straw full of Icee and then released it...

...right into Analiese's ear!

That's when she found out that if you release a straw full of Icee into your normally passive sister's ear she will become irate and try to beat the life out of you. Question answered.

This is that face in time out, a place she knows very well...

No comments:

Post a Comment