Saturday, October 15, 2011

Stingerfest



Today was my children's elementary school fall festival. I love school events like this. I love seeing their personalities shine. I love the high-pitched squeal that girls make before they hug. I love that the fifth graders walk around in posses thinking they're so cool as they shove cotton candy in their mouths. I love the games and the hula hoop contest and that my kids are at ages when they still love giving their teachers hugs. I love the tradition in it and that they're making memories they'll have forever. And I love knowing that one day, when they take their own kids to a fall festival, it will be just as nostalgic for them as it is for me.


She put her sister in "jail". She thought it was hysterical. Luckily so did her sister. And these are the exact moments I love.

1 comment:

  1. So fun!!! I love all of the neon hair and face paint! Looks like a good time was had!

    ReplyDelete