Monday, January 30, 2012

Museum Time


Things really have been very busy around here.  January has gone by in a blink.  I think I've signed myself up for that kind of semester. Three art history classes, a writing class, and french.  Plus the spring semester always seems heavy for the kids, too.  We're back into all of our extra-curriculars; drama, gymnastics, dance, and the general work of being a fifth grader.  Throw in some applications for internships, financial aid, etc., and well, you see why my mind is a bit overloaded.  And we've haven't even had a decent snow day to break up the spin.

But I found myself with ten whole extra minutes this morning and thought I could use them to give January a little extra visual loveliness.  In the midst of our busy world, we did make it to the science museum downtown.  Well, actually it was part of our business, since technically it was a field trip for the boy's class.  But since it was a Saturday field trip, we decided to make a day of it and pretend like it was just for fun.  The museum is hosting a mummy exhibit, which was the point of the field trip.  Unfortunately, I was the only one that enjoyed the mummy part of the day.  Chris disappeared with his friends shortly after arriving.  And the girls spent most of their time in front of fish tanks and microscopes.  Oh well, we each found our own fun and that's what counts.





No comments:

Post a Comment