Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunday At The Mint


I've spent a lot of time at the Mint Museum lately.   I'm researching a piece in their collection and writing a paper on it.  (I present my research this Friday.  Almost done.  Breathe.)

This means my kids have been spending a lot of time at the Mint as well.  Thankfully, I have amazing kids who are more than comfortable in a museum.  They bring notebooks and quietly sketch what they see while I do the same. Seriously, can I say again, they're amazing.  The girls have two requirements in exchange for this amazing cooperation. First, we cannot leave without stopping in the couture historical fashion.  They like to ooo and ahhh over vintage hairstyles and beautiful Victorian gowns.  They are girls after all.  The second requirement is that they get to run the grounds outside afterwards.  These seem like very agreeable terms to me.  In the end, we all leave happy.  Another pleasant Sunday at the Mint.







No comments:

Post a Comment