Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 In Review

This has been a very full year.  A year full of growing.  It has been an interest seeking year.  A strength building year.  A year of self discovery.  Self discovery.  

The smallest sprite turned seven.  She grew in strength and beauty.  She learned to do the perfect cartwheel and achieved near perfect balance.  She finished first grade and began second.  She discovered a love for Scotland thanks to a fiery new princess that fits her personality more than any other.  And she finally beat her brother at a video game.

The middle one found her stage.  She discovered she loves bright lights and back stage friendships. She got a part in her first small cast production and that changed everything.  All told she performed in three plays and several self directed living room productions. She turned nine this year.  She grew in confidence and beauty.  She finished third grade and began fourth. She made an entire tea set out of clay.  And she got Kit, the doll she has wanted for years, who is more pampered than anyone in this house.

The boy had a big year.  He jumped out of his comfort zone to take part in his 5th grade musical.  He graduated from elementary school.  He started middle school.  He turned twelve, and is now counting down the days until he is officially a teenager.  He learned to play the clarinet.  He ran a few races.  He started learning to cook; his first solo meal was delicious.  He learned how to use the washer AND the dryer.  He grew in intelligence and strength.  And he discovered a love for graphic design.  

As for me, I turned thirty-one and got a tattoo.  I claimed my inner strength.  I continued to pursue a degree against all odds.  I grew as a teacher and a writer.  I learned that my friends and family are among the very best people in the world, something I was fairly certain of before this year but am now sure of.   I looked on proudly as each of my children started to come into their own.  I watched their personalities bring out their strengths and talents.   And I realized there is nothing greater I will do in this life than be their mother.  

In the coming year, I see great possibility for all of us.  I see so many ways for each of us to grow.  More importantly I hope it is a year filled with love, peace, and family.  For there is nothing better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment