Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Watercolor Ballerinas




I've been playing in watercolors lately. Something about warm, fresh air makes me want to break out the watercolors. Watercolors feel light, like spring. Winter calls for heavier mediums like thick oils and charcoals. So as the warm air has come out so have my brushes dipped in watery shades. I love the way the colors blend. They don't cover one another, they embrace one another. The effect creates a dreamy wash on the intended picture. Watercolors are playful and fun.

This weekend I was playing with my brushes and some new characters jumped on my pages. These watercolor ballerinas emerged from the colors. I think I like them and I plan on working on them a bit more this spring. I think they have potential to be very fun to create. I guess those five year old ballet toes inspired me more than I thought.

1 comment:

  1. You are so talented Megan. I have the picture you drew for Molly hanging in her room!

    ReplyDelete