Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekends Are For...

Hammock swinging...



especially if it's a gorgeous April like day at the end of February. Yes, yesterday was just such a day. My husband caught me with eyes closed laying on the picnic table soaking up some much needed Vitamin D. He who knows me well said, "How about I get the hammock out?". I popped up and I'm sure my eyes shined. Give me a hammock in a warm backyard and I can find a happy place quickly. But one must guard such serenity or mischievous little sprites might steal it. I went inside to refill my tea glass and I came back out to this sight...



I can't say that I blame them. Look, they're all getting along and peaceful and smiling. I willing gave up my quiet place for this beautiful moment.

As is often the case with sprites, they soon began to peel away and take flight to other adventures and I was once again left alone with my hammock, except for the little one who came back with a blanket and a pillow and a snuggle with mama. Well, I don't suppose I can complain about that either.



1 comment: