Friday, November 12, 2010

A Look At Our Week...

This has been a busy week. We've had a lot of those recently. It seems like the older the kids get the busier we are. It's the carting them around from one activity to the next that does it. We really aren't one of those families that has the kids in every imaginable club. But with three it adds up. There's also the fact that I'm at the school more this year and trying to pick up extra hours at the studio when I can. And then Steven is working three jobs so he lives in a world separate from us filled with law, law, and more law. Of course we're also going into flu season and we kicked it off with a bang. Sicily has been out for the count since Tuesday. Poor baby. She is the most pitiful thing in the world when she's sick. She has a sad look that makes me want to just hold her in my arms all day. Until she vomits and then I just want to throw her in a bath as quickly as I can. Sorry, was that too much information? Oh well. So what has kept us on our toes? Here's a look:
  • Analiese had Environmental Club on Monday after school. Yes, she's an eco-chick. Next week they're taking a field trip to the Recycling Center. I'm so proud.
  • As soon as I picked up Analiese I took Sicily to Ballet.
  • Steven gives an hour long lecture on Mondays on the basics of the law as part of job #3. That comes after putting in a full day at the courthouse.
  • I spent Tuesday morning waiting around for the heat repairman. But he fixed our heat so I can't complain. At least we've been toasty while busy.
  • Tuesday, Chris had art class and I taught at the studio until 8:30pm.
  • Wednesday, I had a parent meeting, after dinner, about Odyssey of the Mind. Chris is starting that next week. His problem is to build a mobile mouse propelled solely by mousetraps that can complete a series of tests, such as raising a flag. Sometimes I think my son is smarter than me.
  • Steven gives another hour long lecture on Wednesdays on more law basics as part of job #2. Yes the two jobs are really similar. (Note to self: I should write a post soon about exactly what he's doing.)
  • Thursday was Veterans day which meant a day off of school. However, Sicily had a 102 degree fever and Chris had a social studies project to work on so it didn't feel like much of a day off for anyone but Analiese.
  • Thursday I taught two classes at the studio and Analiese had art class.
  • Steven grades papers and tests for job #2 and #3 on Thursday until late into the night. (I'm starting to miss my husband.)
  • All of this includes the daily school routine, work routine, and the school volunteering. (Note to self: I should post about that soon too.) (Note to self: I am really behind in blog posts.)
And that brings us to Friday. Friday is usually my day off, but I'm behind in the chores and Sicily's body is rebelling against getting better so she's gotten a lot of baths this morning. We are very weekend ready. Though Steven's decided to add a 5K and a day in the country with friends to his list for Saturday. And that social studies project has to be finished. And the laundry is overflowing on my floor again.

Sunday is looking great.

2 comments:

  1. That is a busy week! Makes me tired just reading it. :) I hate that Sicily's so sick. No fun! I hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry Sicily is sick. Hope she is feeling better. I am glad you got your heat fixed. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete