Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Away


I've been away.

Literally, I've been away. I piled the kids up and we headed to Charleston. We needed to do a little mending in the company of good friends.

It looked like it was going to be a relaxing weekend until I caught what felt like the flu. It put me to bed by mid-Saturday leaving my dear friend to take care of all seven of our children alone. And like the true rock star mom she is, she ended up giving them a wonderful day while I slept it away. They had a tea party, a water gun fight, and even painted pretty pictures. By the time we loaded up the next day we were all sad to leave. It's good to be taken care of every now and then.

I'm back now.

Healing, physically. Dealing, emotionally.

Time to move forward. Not really sure where forward is taking me but at least I'm moving. I think.

4 comments:

  1. Thinking about you a lot right now. I'm glad you were given such good care this weekend. Wish I lived closer. It sounds like you need some girlfriends and margaritas. Love you Megan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like God had a plan for you this weekend. Sit back and let Him work on you. Look in the mirror and say, "I am beautiful. I am loved. I am who He created me to be." And believe it. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you both for the encouragement. Love you both. And yes, I do need some girlfriends and margaritas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you dearly. So sorry that you are under the weather.

    ReplyDelete