Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Lovely Cards

I love kid made valentines. I love watching them make them and exchange them with classmates. I love that for a minute they all get along and treat each other kindly.


This year I loved watching each of my kids as they decided who to give certain valentine's cards to.

Sicily gave freely with little care as to the message on the card. She just cared that everyone got one. And more importantly that in giving everyone one, they would give her one back.

Analiese picked out the best ones for her "B.F.Fs.". "To my B.F.F. Molly From your B.F.F. Analiese x0x0." Oh, my.

Chris was very careful as to the message that each card sent. He was especially careful that none of the girls got the wrong idea. He made it very clear that he was only giving out cards because he had to and that he thinks valentine's day is a stupid girl holiday. Oh son, yes, yes it is but that doesn't mean you get out of participating. My boy is growing up, but it's reassuring to know that I have a little bit longer until he's giving a girl a valentine because he wants to. For now, girls still have cooties. I'm ok with that and so is he.

Hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment