Friday, February 4, 2011

Dreary Day Fun

Oh my, how I wish my camera would have been handy as my three walked in from the bus today. What a pitiful lot they were! All staring down at rain boots while soaked hoods draped to their eyes. Their wet backpacks looked like they weighed two tons. Not a smile among them as they came through the door.

After all of the wet gear was shed they tromped into the kitchen wearing soggy, sad faces. This mama knew it was a hot cocoa afternoon. Three hot chocolates later spirits were starting to lift, so we built a blanket fort. Pillows and popcorn and flashlights. Key ingredients for getting drenched little sprites to laugh again.

2 comments:

  1. We love making forts on days we are stuck inside. There is nothing better than a cozy fort and warm hot chocolate with my girls.

    ReplyDelete