Friday, December 23, 2011

Country Family Christmas

We packed up for a few days and ventured down a country road to visit my family.


 Everyone (except for my brother-in-law, a hard working cop who we missed) met up at my mom's house.  Including my sweet little sister, (married to that cop all the way out in Dallas), who's expecting her first baby this coming year.  My other sister and her family were there, so I got some good baby therapy from my super cute niece.



We were all showered with gifts, especially the four (and a half) kids.  We got nostalgic over passed down maternity clothes.  We played lots of games, ate lots of sweets, and just generally loved on each other.


 It was the first time in over a year that we were all together.  The first time in four years that we've spent Christmas together.  So we savored it until the last minute, when we all went our separate ways again.

 Even though we're far apart, all of these people mean the world to me.   So I'll do whatever it takes to keep them present in my life.  Run up the cell phone bill, send "I'm thinking of you" packages, Skype, drive and drive.  That's what family does.  At least, that's what my family does.  And I'm so thankful that we do.  

1 comment: