Saturday, November 7, 2009

Born Runner



Thursday afternoon the boy decided that he wanted run a local 5K being held on Saturday. So with no training, only the knowledge that he could run a pretty quick mile, we all went out early this morning in the cold so that he could run a 5K. He lined up at the start with his dad, and ran hard. His biggest fear going in was that he would come in last. The rest of us knew that wasn't going to be a problem. He finished 29th out of 58, and 3rd in his division (15 and under). I would have finished looking like I was about to die, but he just gave it all he had at the end and killed it. Then he stuck his hands in his pockets, in that casual Chris way, and strolled over to the sidewalk as if it was no big deal. I think he's found his sport. Just one more way that he and his runner dad are alike. My boys, I'm so proud of them.





No comments:

Post a Comment