Monday, November 23, 2009

New Place

We have spent two nights now at this new little house. The move was exhausting and my body is not happy with me, but it's done. Well, one side of it is done. We are still living out of boxes. The unpacking is slow. But we have had some wonderful surprises as we have moved into this little cottage house. First of all, our furniture fits wonderfully here! It never looked right in the other house. My favorite pieces looked small and out of place there. But as soon as we got them over here they just fell into place. Secondly and more importantly, we have felt instantly at home here. I think we have finally found a space that fits our personalities. As we've moved out of the other house we've realized that all we are going to miss is our wonderful neighbors. And that is a big thing. Our boy is very sad that he can no longer just run next door to his best friend's house. It is truly a loss. But we are not far away, so I plan on getting him over there as often as possible. Best friends are not lost by location. Right, good friends?
In light of this week of Thanksgiving I believe I must say that I am grateful that God knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows where we should be and He knows why he's taking us through the fire. It is truly comforting to know that His plan, though not always easy, is good.
We are going to make it and I believe we are going to live better than we were. There is much to be grateful for this week. Including the joy of cardboard box forts.

2 comments:

  1. This writing is an affirmation of one of your many traits that I admire. Resilency. I will continue to pray with you. I know your blog has a postive feel, but I also know that there is still a lot to do. Just know that I will continue to remember you as the dust settles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right...God knows us best and where we need to be. See you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete