Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tiny Dancers and Great Artists

Whew! We're back. Our wonderfully relaxing beach vacation (which I'll get to tomorrow) had a very abrupt end as we rushed away from the coast on Saturday in order to make it back in time for the girl's dress rehearsal for their recital the following night. I wasn't sure if we were going to make it, but thanks to my husband's speeding we rolled in just in time. We blew into the auditorium in a flurry of hairspray and sequins, sand falling from our Crocs as we ran.

But it was worth it! They both looked beautiful and did a wonderful job. They were such great little dancers. Sicily is probably the best go-go dancer I know. She's just straight up awesome. And Analiese was a very elegant ballerina, graceful pointed-toes and twirls.

The whole recital went smoothly. And all of that purple crayon work was displayed and appreciated by some very proud parents. Including this parent.

Now the studio can take a rest for a few months while all of the teachers summer chill. Two more weeks of school and then summer vacation officially begins on all fronts. I think I'm as excited about it as the kids are. I'll have to daydream about that later though. Right now I have a pile of sandy laundry calling my name.

2 comments: