Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Baby Love

Is there anything better than a baby? I really don't think so. So soft and new. I love the smell of freshly washed baby skin. A baby snuggled to my chest is just about the most comforting feeling in the world for me. Oh, such sweetness.

I got to spend my weekend with a very sweet little one. Little Miss Harlee Kate. She's beautiful. And she is my first niece. We have had the only children on both sides for the last ten years. Finally, there is a baby among us again. And we are all thrilled. Steven and I are especially excited to be a first time aunt and uuncle. We finally get to be the ones doing the spoiling. And the bonus of being the aunt and not the mother is that I get to love on the baby all day and then go home to sleep at night.

Oh my, I've forgotten how demanding a newborn is. I was reminded Saturday night at around 3am. But truthfully I would be lying if I said I didn't love every minute of sitting up with her. Even with the sleep deprivation, the newborn stage is my absolute favorite. It is truly one of the most exhausting things a person will ever do. And it is equally one of the sweetest times in life.

Thanks Hilary and Jon for letting me get my baby fix. You have made a very beautiful baby. Harlee is very love out here in North Carolina. She's a lovely ball of precious.




1 comment: