Friday, October 1, 2010

October First

"There is no season when such pleasant and sunny spots may be lighted on, and produce so pleasant an effect on the feelings, as now in October."
- Nathaniel Hawthorne


Oh, October. My soul breathes a deeply, contented sigh on October 1. I love this month. I love the soft, cool breeze blowing through my open windows. I love the swish of the trees in the wind and the way leaves fall lazily to the ground. I love the produce of this season. The pumpkin, the squash, the apples. I love the anticipation of the holiday season that starts to build during this month. I love the cool mornings and evenings. I love the hikes that take us by shades of yellow, red, and orange. Yes, my spirit breathes peace during this lovely month.

And my children, they love October 1 as well. And I believe this comic strip sums up why.

Dog eat Doug by Brian Anderson
Dog eat Doug


Happy October to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment