Thursday, October 21, 2010

Blah, Blah, Blah...Laundry

Just in case I've given you any illusion of perfection...

Yes, that would be two weeks worth of laundry for a family of five. Yes, there were two more loads added to this. Yes, it took me all night to fold and iron it all. And yes, it probably wouldn't take that long if I did a few loads at a time. But the thing is, I hate doing laundry. Hate. It's such a Sisyphean task. Before the clean clothes are put away there are dirty clothes in the hamper. And don't even get me started on ironing. I have a habit of putting that chore off for so long that by the time the article of clothing gets back in their closets my family has forgotten about it and thinks I've bought them something new. Hate, I tell you.

It's really that way with all chores. Mop the floor and sure enough dirty feet will run across it. Wash the dishes and before they are dry, dirty ones are in the sink. This is how I spend my days. It's a little discouraging at times. But it has to be done. All of it, including the laundry.

But at least I can put that particular chore off for a week or so. Jeans can definitely be worn more than once. Sweatshirts washed after one wear, no way. It's when I get shouts of, "Mom, I'm out of underwear" that I know it's time to give in and wash some clothes. And thus the mountain above.

There you go. That's my weakness. Blah to the laundry.

2 comments:

  1. You might have actually enjoyed my recent dilemma. When we moved, our washer & dryer broke and then the new ones were broken too...I went 46 days without a washer & dryer. I just bought new underwear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously. You described my day. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

    ReplyDelete