Monday, December 6, 2010

Funny Wish List


With the Christmas season here, I thought it would be a good time to ask the kids what they'd like for Christmas this year. I knew exactly what they were going to say. Chris wants a bike, Analiese wants an American Girl doll (not happening), Sicily wants her own Legos (because Chris doesn't want girl germs on his). And of course, a long list of other things they've seen at friend's houses and on TV.

I'm their mom. I know these things.

Only that's not what they said.

Instead Analiese led with, "I'd like a really big bag of Cheetos!". And then Chris said, "I don't like Cheetos, but I'll take a Butterfinger and maybe one of those cool Christmas bobble head things." Of course Sicily had to be heard, "I want...fruit snacks, the kind we don't get..and....a Hershey bar."

Really? That's it.

Pause.

Then Analiese said, "Yea. Oh, and an orange flashlight!"

I'm not sure what to do with this. On one hand, I could go with it and make this the least expensive Christmas ever. On the other hand, I feel like maybe our children are a little deprived of treats. Then again, apparently when junk food is a rarity it really is a treat. That's not such a bad thing.

One thing I'm sure of, the stockings will be stuffed with Cheetos and fruit snacks and Butterfingers. That's a Christmas wish list that's budget approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment