Thursday, July 9, 2009

Rainy Day


I love the rain. Pure. Refreshing. Especially warm, sweet, summer rain. I love the smell and the feel of it pouring over my head. I love the way wet grass feels on my bare feet. I love the rumble of thunder in the distance. I love opening the windows and letting the sound of drops hitting the ground fill the house. I love that my children love the rain. I love that their favorite time to play in the swing set fort is when it's raining. I love that rain makes us cuddle together and want to sip mugs of hot drinks. I love colorful umbrellas and bright rain boots. I love standing under the rain, face and palms up, letting it wash over me, and thanking God for the renewal that comes from this sweet water. I love rain .

1 comment:

  1. I love how they have their dress up clothes on in the rain. :)

    ReplyDelete