Thursday, October 15, 2009

Brrrrr....

It has cooled down significantly around here. (I wrote that with a huge smile and very cold toes.) So it's time to break out the wool tights and pants. Only my girls hate tights and pants. Every winter morning, we waste too many precious early school morning minutes fighting about being warm. So this year I went on a search for an alternative, because I'm tired of the fight. I cannot change my girlie girls who want to wear dresses and skirts all year long. Twirling should not stop just because of a little thing like weather change. So here is what I found. These super cute leg warmers were the perfect compromise. And how adorable are her little toes coming out of them!



It was so easy to make. You just buy a dollar store scarf, cut it in half, and stitch the sides together so that when you're done they look like this:



I know they look really narrow when you're done but they stretched enough to fit my arm so I knew they would fit the girls little legs. The warmers go all the way up their legs and fit nicely around ballet flats. So I have happy girls who can now wear their favorite shoes with their girlie dresses and still be warm. Commence the winter twirling.

1 comment: