Monday, January 4, 2010

Looking back to...Christmas morning

I am not the kind of person who jumps into the new year with renewed energy determined to be a better person. It's not that I don't want to be a better person. It's just that I don't start the first week of January. I'm the kind of person that crashes the first week of January. I'm a celebrator. I ride a giddy high from October 31 to January 1. Then on January 2 I crash like a kid coming off the rush of downing an entire bottle of Mountain Dew.

But this year, I have decided to delay the crash a bit by reliving some of our holiday highlights. Having been out of town for two weeks, I have so many pictures to share. I'm starting out of order because I wanted to start with my favorite: Christmas morning.




Unpacking stockings.


The girls really want to be Clara so this year they got their own nutcrackers. We have seen several unique presentations of the Nutcracker since Christmas morning.


The boy with his books and his mop of messy morning hair.


One very surprised and excited boy! You pick which one I'm talking about.


A Curious George game for my little curious george. (PS moms: one of the most fun kids games we've ever played.)


I made dolls for the girls. I was very nervous about what their reaction would be. They loved them. (more on that later)

I love Christmas morning. The sleepy eyes and messy hair. The few seconds it takes to wake up as they take it all in. It's a happy time for us. Hugs and giving. And a story about the greatest gift of all.

1 comment:

  1. love this! That last picture of the girls and their dolls held tight is just as sweet as can be.

    ReplyDelete