Sunday, January 3, 2010

Magic....





We finally made it back home to our funky little cottage late last night. We unloaded the kids and got them tucked into bed. Then I wearily hauled my suitcase to our bedroom all set to collapse in bed fully clothed and disgusting with road trip grime. But instead I dropped my suitcase and just stared in giddy confusion. My husband is magic! Because, though he traveled all fourteen hours home with me and helped me get the kids in bed, this is what I saw on and above our bed:



Oh, so sweet and romantic! He had planned it before we left and had a little help from a friend (good thing I cleaned before we left). This man! First he hijacked my blog and leaves a wonderfully sweet message. Then this. Ten years and I still get this. It's been a rocky path not without mistakes and fights. We have done more in ten years than most people do in twenty or thirty. But I can't imagine having done it with anyone else.

3 comments: