Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sad Face Gets Ice Cream


My sweet baby girl had to get her pre-kindergarten booster shots today. So sad. She has the best pout in the world. Her big brown eyes get watery and her lower lip sticks way out beyond the top lip. Her lips actually quiver as she wells up. Then big tears start to fall. Tears that look like they were drawn on, they're so perfectly shaped and big. Those tears fall slowly down leaving a perfect little wet line from eye to her plump pink cheek. She's a heart melter. She gets me every time. I almost started crying when she did. She was very brave though and only let out a few tears. She held back the rest, rubbed her eyes dry, and sniffed a little. Then she grabbed her things and reminded me that she got ice cream for being big and brave. Oh, my Sicily.

2 comments:

  1. Bless her sweet little heart! She probably had no idea she had to endure physical pain to be able to go to kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think I would cry too.
    I hate seeing my little girls cry!
    I saw your guest post on a bragging mommy so I thought I would pop over to say hi.
    Hope you'll check out my blog too (see if it is blog worthy LOL)

    ReplyDelete