Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday Favorites, Back to School Humor

My favorite section of the newspaper is the Comics. Sure I read the rest, because I should, but I read the Comics because I want to. I don't know what that says about me.

This is one of my new favorites. It's a strip called Freshly Squeezed by Ed Stein. It's about a 30-something couple, their middle-school son, and the wife's parents, who have recently moved in due to the recession. It's a funny look at the dynamics and quirks of having multiple generations living under one roof. I smile every time I read it.

This week's series is about back-to-school and since that has been our theme this week I thought I'd share a few. If you have kids going back to school, or if you have ever been a kid going back to school, these should hit you just right. Especially the bit about the school supply list. The list gets longer every year and I keep getting emails with additions. I've been to Target four times this week and I already spent well over $100 a few weeks ago on the original list. {Hey School, I want my kids to have everything they need to be good learners but you aren't the only one with budget cuts!} There. That's my rant about that.

The last strip is for those of you with boys. I'm pretty sure my son really would rather go naked than go shopping for new clothes. After ten minutes or so he get's that glazed over man look where you can tell that he's no longer mentally in the store. During one of our back-to-school shopping trips, he became so checked out that I started picking up pink things and Hello Kitty gear asking if it would work. All I got in response was, "Sure, whatever. Can we go now?". Oh, boys.

Well, here you go. Enjoy a little Freshly Squeezed...




Happy Friday everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment