Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Update


Ugh. I'm not twenty anymore. My back hurts from carrying around a backpack with a laptop in it. My legs hurt from walking around campus. My eyes hurt because they desperately want to close. I need a long, hot bath and a nap. I'm two days in and my body is questioning this little endeavor. But if I'm honest I have to admit I'm having fun. Apparently I've been an undercover nerd for the last ten years. I'm kind of giddy about taking notes and using highlighters. I got really excited today in art history when my professor suggested making flashcards of the works we're studying. Multi-colored flashcards for each movement. Who doesn't get excited about that?! What? No one? Well, fine, you're all normal then. And I'm sure around midterms the novelty of multi-colored flashcards is going to wear off for me too as I throw them at the wall in study frustration. But for now, I'm enjoying myself. And I get the unexpected bonus of a great workout as I lug that backpack around campus. Maybe in a few weeks I'll look like a twenty-year-old. Probably not, but a girl can wish.

1 comment: