Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Summer Came, Summer Went


I find it hard to believe that school starts next week. I really feel like the summer has just begun. Spending the majority of two months on the road apparently makes time go by very quickly. Since May, we have traveled over 5300 miles. No, I am not exaggerating. I just did the math to be sure. My car has a permanent fast food, melted candy, beef jerky smell. And I'm pretty sure I can drive from one end of Tennessee to the other blindfolded, not that I plan to try. It has been a tiring summer, but it has been fun. It was wonderful to spend so much time with people we love.


Now we are home and getting ready for the fall. Oh, the fall. The word alone brings a deep, contented sigh to my lips. Fall is coming, I can feel it in the breeze. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. We still have one week of summer vacation left. The perfect time to remember the highlights of this very memorable summer full of family and parties, rivers and silliness, and Legoland thrown in just for the boy. Yes, this has been a good summer.





1 comment:

  1. Love this post! What a fun summer! I hope all four of you have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete