Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Gift Inspiration

I had to seek inspiration tonight.

I've been trying to live a bit more handmade this year. To fill our home not just with things, but with items that have love poured into them. I know that you've probably noticed a lack of handmade crafts this month. It's not for lack of wonderful things to show you. It's just that my sewing machine has been singing Christmas carols. And considering that most of the lovely people who will receive those gifts visit this place, I've had to keep my creating under wraps. I can't wait to show you all of these handmade treats. I'm very excited about them.

However, I've stalled since the move. Seeing something I have created in use is wonderfully rewarding. But I'm not going to lie, it's time consuming. Maybe it's because my post-move craft organization looks like this:



and this



and this



And so my sewing machine is sitting with a half started project that I can't seem to work up the motivation to finish.



This is a problem because that half finished project is Analiese and Sicily's main gift. Now, I could just go out and buy something. Say, oh well, I tried. But it feels a bit weak to give in without a fight. So instead I went seeking inspiration. I found it, of course, in this wonderful blogging community that I'm starting to wonder how I lived without. After searching a bit and starting to feel a little better I finally landed on tout-est-des-roses, a beautiful blog about parenting naturally and living sustainably. Of course, this is all I needed. I needed to be reminded that it is good to create. And though disorganization may slow me down it need not stop me all together. So off I go to cram little origami birds in glass balls (more on that later). And then I believe there is a doll calling out to be made tonight and tucked into a package for a crazy little girl who will cuddle her tight.


2 comments: