Thursday, December 10, 2009

Yum! Cookies!

The children were nestled all snug in their bed....



While visions of sugar plums danced in their heads...

Well, maybe not sugar plums. Really, what is a sugar plum anyway? My kids may not have been dreaming of sugar plums but they were certainly dreaming of some really yummy cookies because they all got up asking for them this morning. I'm talking about peanut butter s'more bites. I've been getting the daily Food Network twelve days of cookies email. So far most of them haven't really stood out. But yesterday when I got this recipe I knew I had to try it. After eating one, my boy said, "mom if you know how to make Reese's cups why do you buy them?". Thanks Chris. And he's right. I essentially just learned how to make Reese's peanut butter cups, my personal favorite. But then you take that yummy chocolate peanut butter cup sprinkle on some crushed up graham cracker. Mash some marshmallow between it and you've just taken cookie to a whole new level. My husband described it as a two trip cookie. You have to eat half of it and come back to eat the other half later. It's wonderfully awesome and they were so easy to make. Let the cookie swaps begin! Only, this one may not be included in the cookie gift boxes because my family may eat them all before I can get them out of the house! Ummm, I think I'd better go sneak another one right now before the kids get home.

3 comments: