Monday, March 29, 2010

Baby Fever


Guess what? I'm so excited! I'm going to be an Aunt! My sweet sister Hilary is having a baby. I truly couldn't be happier for her.

For almost ten years now we have been the only ones on both sides of the family with children. We have been sufficiently doted on and spoiled. So we are more than ready to be the ones doting and spoiling. I'm slightly mourning the lack of babies around here so I plan to fully take all of that unused baby energy out on my sister. In the last few weeks, I've found myself wandering over to baby aisle, oooing and ahhing over all of the cute little clothes and blankets. I've been browsing sewing patterns that are far to small for my own children. My hands are ready to make things for a wee one. And we would like to make it very clear to this lovely sister and brother-in-law that we are also planning revenge for every loud toy we've had delivered to our doorsteps, which will be delivered to you alongside all of the soft and precious ones.

I welcome you to the chaotic world of parenting. There is no other experience in life like it. No other job in life could make you want to scream one moment and melt in love the very next. No other human being in your life will make you feel like there is a string connected from your heart directly to theirs. These little beings will fill your house with clutter and make your life abundantly disorganized. But they will also fill your house will love and make you life abundantly more meaningful.

I have watched you both with our children and I know that you are going to be wonderful with your own.

Congratulations. We all send much love your way.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the sweet post! You are such an awesome sister and soon-to-be aunt. :)

    ReplyDelete