Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Leprechaun Day!


That's what Analiese calls it. From the rest of us, Happy St. Patrick's Day.

I love this day. I have a love affair with Ireland in my head. If you've visited us enough you know that I love the beauties in the mysterious. The fairies, the sprites, and yes a wee leprechaun if he chooses to visit. I love a good fairy tale that makes you shiver. I love rolling green hills and melancholy history. I love a place that can put just as much passion into a toast as a blessing. And my husband would love to frequent a pub for a daily good beer. Plus St. Patrick was a very good man. What's not to love about Erin and this lovely day?

Here's some Irish fun for you:


When Irish eyes are smiling
Sure 'tis like the morn in spring.
In the lilt of Irish laughter
You can hear the angels sing.
When Irish hearts are happy
All the world seems bright and gay.
And when Irish eyes are smiling,
Sure, they steal your heart away.

- Chaucey Olcott and George Graff, Jr.


Irish Toast

St. Patrick was a gentleman
who through strategy and stealth
drove all the snakes form Ireland.
Here's a drink for his health!
But not too many drinks
lest we lose ourselves and then
forget the good St. Patrick
and see them snakes again!


An Old Irish Blessing

May love and laughter light your days
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours.


Happy St. Patrick's Day!


1 comment:

  1. And a Happy St. Patrick's Day to you! I love that Sicily all decked out in her green...very cute!

    ReplyDelete