Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Silly Bands, Silly Trends




Have you seen these? Or is it only the children in our town that have gone crazy over rubber bands? Granted, they're shaped rubber bands but, my children, they are still rubber bands. Yet, if you walk around our little town you will see kids everywhere with colorful rubber bands up to their elbows. They're called silly bands and of course they have invaded our house too. The upside and the downside is that they are cheap, about $1 for a back of 20. So kids can get lots of bands for the change they find in the couch cushions. LOTS of bands! They're worn like bracelets and they pop back into their shape when taken off. Kids wear them to school, to church, to the park and they trade them. Like any other silly trend, there are rare ones that any child would give ten bands for. The other day I was out running errands and spotted some packs of them. Given that they are selling out everywhere, I decided to pick them up. (Yes, that's right. Rubber bands are selling out. Didn't see that one coming.) Not knowing it, I scored major points because apparently the pack I picked up had a kangaroo. Kangaroos are big! I would really be super mom if I could find a penguin.

Oh, the memories. Did we look this funny to our parents when we bought into trends?



*note: My son's hand says peace with a peace sign. That makes me laugh.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad there's still silly trends for the kiddos of today. It makes me think of slap bracelets from back in the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan i really love your blog... it's a thing for me to check it every day to see whats new on it... it's amazing keep up the good work!!! Ashley Turner Hobbs

    ReplyDelete