Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Butterfly Garden

Sunday we ventured over to the Nature Museum. One of our favorite places to play is the butterfly garden. It's beautiful. And it was our lucky day because a whole group of cocoons had opened the day before. I've never seen so many butterflies in one place. They were everywhere. If you stood still long enough, you would have ten or more butterflies flying circles around you. We were all awed by how closely we could observe them.
It was a great time to play with some of the settings on my camera that I don't often use. I was pretty excited by how some of these pictures turned out. I have to give most of the credit to my subject matter. The garden was enjoying the Spring air and was colorful and lush. Some of the flowers were just starting to open up and really shine. Of course, the human subjects are beautiful in any weather.




No comments:

Post a Comment