Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Easter Parade

The kids and I spent most of Saturday at the Easter festival downtown*. This is why we chose to live in this little community outside of the big city. There are always holiday parades and festivals going on. I love a good festival. I love happy crowds and silly games. I love sitting in the grass and listening to music and watching kids dance silly dances. I love families having picnics on worn blankets. I love petting zoos and balloon animals. And I love watching tired, contented children walk down quaint old streets with their balloons and baskets of treats, on their way to beds where they will no doubt have happy dreams.



I couldn't leave this out. It was honestly the highlight of my day. This went on for a good thirty minutes or so. I love watching them dance. No restraints. They're so much fun!






...........................................................................

*Steven was running a 10k in Charleston after spending all day Friday on a friend's boat out in the ocean. It's a rough life for my charmed husband, isn't it? I hear he had a lovely weekend as well.

Align Center

1 comment:

  1. That looks like so much fun! I loved the video. The girls can shake those hips! :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete