Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cinderella, Cinderella

I know I've had a lot of Sicily stories lately but I find this age to be a wealth of funny. A five year old has very little restraint with words. They just say whatever comes to mind. And sometimes the meaning of words gets a bit jumbled. So what they end up saying is hysterical. Most five year olds are also at a stage where they are very confident in who they are and what they can do. It has to be one of the most "free to be me" ages of our entire lives. You have to appreciate that.

Our five year old is particularly confident in herself. She has no self esteem problems. She loves who she is and doesn't care if you don't. I love that about her.

So for your entertainment (and mine) here is another Sicily moment.

Our children have chores that they are responsible for each week. They each have a list of basics that I call personal chores. Things like make your bed, put away your toys, and brush your teeth. (For those of you who aren't parents, yes, for children "brushing your teeth" is a chore.) Besides those chores they also have two family chores they have to complete. I call them family chores because they are things that help everyone, like putting away the dishes and dusting. For these chores they each draw two out of a jar at the beginning of the week. That way they get to learn different things and don't get bored with any one chore.

This week Sicily got the mopping card. I love when Sicily gets the mopping card. First of all she's really good at it. You can eat off of the floor when she's done! Second, she's really good at it because she pretends she's Cinderella or Giselle or Tiana or whichever chore-singing princess is on her mind. When Chris mops he's done in ten minutes because he speed mops, which is how he does all of his chores actually. Sicily can spend anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours mopping. But the best part, she sings and dances while she mops in classic Disney princess fashion.

It's one of the many reasons that this girl is awesome. I have several videos of her but I thought this was one of the best. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. looks so fun......thanks for getting this on video.....I've watched it a few times already....never seen a floor mopped with such imagination..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to try this approach! Maybe mopping my floors will be more fun!

    ReplyDelete