Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bring on the fall

I slept in a bit today. I am using the word "slept" loosely here. The kids were in the play room, cd already blaring, games already being played. But I stayed in bed for just a bit longer than I should have today. Why? Because for one more day I can. Tomorrow starts early rising; trying to prepare my body for the predawn wakings of back to school. Two weeks from today school starts and parents everywhere celebrate the wonderful relief that is the public school system! Unless your children start school at 7, which puts you rising at 5:30 and dragging groggy, grumpy kids to the bus stop every day. Then you too cherish the lazy summer mornings that go by way too quickly. Aside from the early mornings we are all ready to go back to school. By the end of the summer we are all usually craving routine. We are all eagerly watching the mailbox for teacher assignments. Fresh school supplies are packed into backpacks waiting to be carried away. And the annual sorting of clothing that has been outgrown has begun. I say bring on the fall! A much different fall than the last one. But that's a post for another day....

2 comments:

  1. Did the kids get my Back to School greeting cards? I hope they have a great year. Summer seems long and short all at the same time. Love you guys. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! I used to LOVE the brand new school supplies in a fresh backpack. I guess that tells you what I nerd I was/am...

    ReplyDelete