Saturday, August 8, 2009

Snapshots from our week of rest...

a bountiful farmer's market trip. I love summer produce! I woke up that morning craving goat cheese, so we had to get some. I know, I know, that doesn't happen to anyone else.

quiet meditation and reflection

comfort food. mmmm, banana bread.

lots of games and puzzles were pulled out and dusted off. Chris can beat anyone at Monopoly. Take him on, I dare you.

This week has been refreshing and necessary. We took a step back, slowed down, and enjoyed one another's company. We slept in, ate late breakfasts, and stayed in our pajamas until noon. We went out and explored. We walked through our quaint little downtown and stopped at the old hardware store to play with baby chickens because we were in no hurry to be anywhere else. I wrote and drew and sewed and released an abundance of creative energy that had been pushing at the seams to get out. We reflected and reset our course. We rested.

" Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you." Psalm 116:7

1 comment:

  1. I crave goat cheese sometimes too. :)

    So glad you are feeling refreshed from your week of rest. It sounds like a lovely time. We all should do that more often.

    ReplyDelete