Thursday, August 20, 2009

Muddled Reflections


Will I only boast of His great works when He does something that I deem a miracle? Will I only call Him faithful when He exceeds my expectation of provision? What of the daily provision?Will I only boast of Him when there is a great sign I can show the masses? What of my heart's answer, the simple knowledge that He is there beyond proof?
I am a coward. I am faithless and pompous. Who am I to demand a sign, a miracle, relief?
So instead I thank Him for the rolly-pollies in her hand. For the water splashing at her feet. For the smiles these simple pleasures bring. For the graceful crane and the boy who can climb trees. For reminding me with a simple red leaf that this too shall pass; that a new season will begin soon. I can move on with the seasons or I can remain in this dark winter of discontent. The choice is mine. He will remain with open arms.


1 comment:

  1. Keep writing. You are getting very insightful. You know I love your writing. Such creativity from the heart. I love you.

    ReplyDelete