Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday Favorites...Nearly Wordless Blogs

It's been a while since I brought out a Friday Favorite. I actually have several drafts sitting there that never got posted. Things you should love but I never got around to telling you about. Fridays have just been very busy in the every-day-is-busy-at-the-end-of-the-school-year kind of way. So I start a post and then it gets left until Sunday when I think about it again. Sunday Favorites just doesn't have the same ring to it.

But it is 10am on a summer Friday morning and I'm still sitting here in my pajamas with a cup of coffee. (I have a love/hate relationship with my children growing up. Right now I'm loving that they are starting to sleep in!) So I have no excuse for not sharing something lovely with you.

During the summer I can have any where from three to ten kids in my house at all times depending on how many of the neighbors have retreated from the heat in my living room. That makes my summer days full of noisy words. So I retreat to places with few words. Two of my very favorite blogs are nearly wordless. If you are over-worded as I am, you have to check them out.

Habit is a photo blog with wonderful captions highlighting emotions we all feel. It captures the little moments in life. The great cup of tea, the sadness of a moving box, the first steps of a baby. It's life in pictures. I love it because it makes me smile every time. (habitblog.com)

ThxThxTHx is a posted note thank you a day. It's a collection of thank yous for all of the random things in life. It makes me laugh and simultaneously makes me grateful for the little things that make my upside down life lovely. Being reminded to be grateful for everything from tears to friends to the steering wheel is a good thing that we could all probably use a little more of. (thxthxthx.com)

So I hope you find a few less words in your life today and a little more gratitude for the simple joys of life.

Happy Friday to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment