Tuesday, June 22, 2010

She Turns Seven Today

"Tell me she's four."

That's what Steven said this morning. And I wish I could say that, but instead I have to say my little girl is seven. Seven. When did that happen? She is all kinds of grown up these days. She wanted new earrings and a Selena Gomez CD for her birthday. She wanted me to paint her toenails and she has invited her friends over for her very first sleepover. Oh my.

My Analiese. My child who looked like a doll when she was born with her perfectly round face and over-sized brown eyes. My dramatic child with the sensitive heart. She feels things deeper than anyone I know. I fear her heart being broken one day for I fear it might break her completely. She is a dancing diva in her own mind. Which sometimes leads to tears when others don't particularly appreciate her diva demands. She is my animal lover. She cares for things big and small. She is my spiritual child. The one who readily believes in fairies and leprechauns and God. She walks through life with a heart vulnerable and open and free. Her big brown eyes reflect deep. You can get lost there and almost see her soul.

I love this girl. My heart breaks to protect her, to protect her spirit. I pray that she always has compassion and love and belief. Happy birthday child of mine.

2 weeks


1 year


2 years


3 years


4 years


5 years (first day of kindergarten)


6 years


7 years

No comments:

Post a Comment