Thursday, June 3, 2010

I'm So Easy...


Really, I am.

I get a lot of flowers. A LOT of flowers. I have a box in the attic just for dried roses. My husband knows that a fresh bouquet of flowers for me can cover a multitude of sins. All he has to do is walk in the door with some wildflowers and a smile. Maybe not even a smile. Just the flowers and I melt. I'm way too easy to please.

And it's not just in my marriage. I'm really easy all around. If you want to win me over buy me a thoughtful gift and I'm yours. I am a fantastic non-profit worker because I require very little compensation. I work at an art studio where I don't make enough to even buy our groceries. I spend two or three days a week volunteering at my kids school. And of course there is my primary job, being mom to three super cute kids, which is pretty much thankless and all consuming. It's all a lot of work, a lot of time, and I'm not going to lie, sometimes I feel a little under appreciated. But a small gift of some kind and I'm eager to keep going. I recently received a gift card from my boss. That was enough to sign me up for another year. I got a gift bag of the cutest note cards from my daughter's teacher yesterday that totally made all of the work this year worth it. And an "I love you" or a hug from my kids gets me through the most stressful mommy days.

See. I'm easy. I'm OK with that. Because, really, I like what I do. I love my husband and my children more than anything, so I really don't need a lot in return. But the lovely vase of flowers in the living room does make me smile and love that man a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment