Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday Favorites...

I thought I would let some recent pictures of Sicily help me with Friday Favorites this week. That girl is dangerously cute. And she knows it, which might be more dangerous!

Around here we judge our days by how many episodes of Curious George we watch. Every day is a one episode day. In fact it throws us off if we don't start the day with George. Two episode days usually mean that mama used George as a snooze button. Three George days mean that our afternoons are starting to unravel. But a four George day, well, those are the popcorn for dinner in front of the tv days. I love George because even my oldest will sit down and laugh at George's antics. That means that a moment of chaos can be stilled for a moment of peace. And I won't lie, I have been known to laugh out loud during an episode. We all love George. My curious little monkey is an especially big fan. She sleeps with a George toy, dresses up like George, and I read a lot of Curious George before bedtime.
.

Another favorite around here that is Handipoints. Handipoints is a website where parents can build responsiblity charts for their kids. The kids build points by doing chores or having good behavior. As the parent you can set a certain point goal and when the kids reach the goal they get a treat. All of that is great and has really helped with chores around here. But the real bonus is Handiland. When you sign up each kid gets a cat. As they earn their points they also get bonus points that they can spend on their Handiland cat. Then they can go to Handiland and play games, dress up their cat, and meet other "cool cats". It's safe, fun, and adds a little extra incentive to chores. My kids are more excited about the bonus points than their real points. We love Handiland. Although, now that all three kids want on the computer I've had to assign computer time (including time for myself or I don't get to use the computer!). Sicily is a little computer savant. She quickly picked up using the mouse and getting around the internet. She's a smart one!



This picture doesn't have a favorite attached unless you count sleep as a favorite. (I do, by the way.) It was just too sweet not to share. The older two start school at 7:20. This puts us getting up at 6:30. Most days Sicily sleeps in, but occasionally she'll get woken up. This is one of those days and after a few minutes she was falling asleep in her cereal bowl! I put her back to bed and she slept for another hour. Sweet Sicily.


2 comments:

  1. That last picture is so sweet! I love your little curious monkey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sleep sitting is too funny! Oh Sicily! Sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete