Monday, September 21, 2009

weekend milestone

We made it to the top of Crowder Mountain! We've been several times since moving here but we've always turned around after a little bit. Little legs can only go so far. But yesterday those little legs made it all the way to the pinnacle. There was much huffing and puffing I assure you, but that was just me. The higher we got the smaller Sicily looked. Sometimes when she's scrapping with the other two I forget how old she really is. But her four year old little body seemed very small as she pulled herself up that mountain.
Analiese is our wanderer. She sang and collected and stopped to look at small creatures proving that slow and steady can make it up a mountain too.

Chris is a like a billy goat. He just sort of bounded up the mountain with seemingly little effort. He wasn't even winded when we got to the pinnacle. My boy is very much at home sitting on rocks in the woods.

It was a big day for our little family. The reward was beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a fantastical day full of memories

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed! Way to go to all of you. I may have just died before making it up. hah! Okay maybe I'm exaggerating, but really I'm impressed. Also, I love Sicily's hat!

    ReplyDelete