Monday, September 14, 2009

Yiasou!



As you know we spent a good deal of our weekend at our wonderful church. But we spent the other half of our weekend at the Greek festival! It was so much fun. It was much more relaxed than last weekends festival. We met some wonderfully nice people. One lady gave the girls a free Frappe just for being cute. I had to have one too of course.



As the girls enjoyed our Frappes we wandered around the market, listening to good music, checking out some cool belly dancer skirts, and finally landed on a face painting booth close enough to watch the dancers.



The festival is hosted each year by Trinity Orthodox Church. We had to tour the church. It was beautiful. My pictures don't do it justice. The entire room was murals and stained glass. Colors everywhere and full of Jesus stories. I could have stayed for hours just taking it all in. Alas three small children have a much shorter limit for art gazing.



But the real reason anyone goes to the Greek festival is the food. Oh, the food.



Spanakopita, lamb, Dolmada, and so much more, plus the pastries. Oh, the pastries alone are reason to go. Lip licking, honey dripping goodness. Cookies as big as your head. We took home way too much yummy goodness. I'm pretty sure I have now eaten an entire box of Baklava by myself and I'm working my way through a box of Flogeres. And I have absolutely no regrets about that.



1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe that picture of Christopher. He has grown up so much! He's going to be a heartbreaker!

    ReplyDelete